Anytime Enchiladas

I modified a yummy recipe from my friend Courtney- these are sooooo yummy and can be thrown together in a second!

What cha need:

tortillas
cooking spray
large can refried beans(I think the can I used was about 30 oz, you could use two smaller cans-also, a fat free version is available)
fresh cilantro
2 cans of enchilada sauce( about 10 oz- I bought Kroger store brand for .79 a piece and it was great)
2 cups shredded low fat Mexican cheese
1 rotisserie chicken, meat only of course....unless you care to wrap an entire chicken in a tortilla)
OR 1 large can premium white meat chicken (I don't like anything, even vegetables in a can- but this chicken is packed in water and nothing much else and every once in while it is ok to throw into a recipe- and it tastes great and I am picky when it comes to meat of any kind)

Mix beans, 1/2 cup of cilantro(chopped), 1 can of enchilada sauce, chicken and 1 cup of cheese in a bowl.

Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray. Place mixture into flour tortillas and wrap- place fold side down in dish. Continue- you will make 8-10 large tortillas. Cover with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Serve with fresh, homemade guacamole and blue chips.

We had coconut cake (click to check out a cool coconut story) for dessert. I made a white cake- poked holes while still hot, drizzled Coco Lopez on it...about a cup and then iced when it had cooled with cool whip and fresh coconut- not that sweetened hard stuff (Birds Eye brand in the south, in your freezer section). Best cake ever if you love coconut- thanks to my friend Stephanie for sharing with me years ago!

Comments

Popular Posts