$5 for four! Tostados!

A great friend recommended a great grocery store to us recently! I used to go there, but when we started really getting "granola-ee", I stopped. No organic anything. But times change and I revisited Aldi and I AM SO THANKFUL!!!

Not that I buy everything organic. That would cost $1 million dollars.

But they do have some great flax seed, pumpkin seed cereal and some wonderful chocolate coconut snack bars that we love and they are organic and good 4 u!!!!

My estimate is that I cut my bill just about in half shopping there- if not more.

Tonight I cooked tostadas for four.

Ingredients:

lean ground beef, seasoned with cumin, a pinch of cinnamon, salt, pepper and garlic. (about 2 cups)
1 can of refried beans (I bought fat free)
1 small zucchini diced
1 small can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 package of tostados (corn, round crunchy things)
shredded Mexican cheese blend (about a cup)

I browned the meat yesterday and seasoned it- pulled it back out today and reheated quickly on the stove. Heated beans in microwave. Cooked zucchini and tomatoes quickly on stove top. Seasoned with garlic, salt and pepper.

We placed it all on the table and each made our tostados just how we like 'em- topped with a sprinkle of cheese.

Got everything at Aldi. I did the calculations and this meal came in at $5.37- for the entire meal. Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts