Coconut Scones Sent from Heaven


1/3 c cold butter, cut into little pieces
1 3/4 c all purpose flour(organic)
3 T cane sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
6 T coconut milk (unsweetened)

Add all dry ingredients & mix. Cut butter into mix with a pastry cutter or two knives until mix is crumbly(I think I just made that word up). Add a beaten egg and just enough coconut milk so that the dough starts to leave the sides of the bowl. Then dig in with your hands. Knead in your bowl about 10x. Turn out on a lightly flour surface- I pat with my hands so that I don't have to dirty a rolling pin! Cut into your favorite scone shape. Last night Selah and I made butterflies.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes. Brush Coconut milk sweetened with a little bit of powdered sugar on top when they are still warm. Split and enjoy with your favorite jam- we had homemade strawberry.

As Selah said- she got a "blessing" with these!

Comments

Popular Posts