Vanilla Oatmeal Scones

1/3 c cold butter cut into little cubes
1 1/2 c all purpose organic, unbleached flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder(alum free)
1/2 tsp salt(if you are using sea salt you only need 1/2 tsp or less...to taste)
3 T cane sugar
1 egg beaten
4-6 T organic vanilla yogurt
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients in a wide bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or two knifes. Add egg, vanilla and being to mix your dough- I love to use a wooden spoon for this. Add 4 T of yogurt- and blend with your spoon or hands until dough comes together- add up to 2 more T of yogurt- be careful, you don't want dough too sticky. I knead the dough in my bowl about ten x...my friend Ginger would be so proud...long story... and then I form small fist biscuits in my hand and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Makes about 8 scones. Cook for approximately 10-12 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts